2014年1月10日金曜日

Seijinshiki, coming of age party

  I had my highschool's seijinshiki the other day. "Seijinshiki" is a ceremony and party for japanese people when they reach the age of 20. I got dressed up in traditional japanese clothes called "Hakama" and brought a big botte of rice wine. Over a hundred people were at the party. I met all of my old freinds and had a lot of fun catching up with them and taking pictures and talking about our lives. After the initial party the 2nd party was held at a bar and about 70 people came. After that we went to another bar. And after that when we got to another 30 people were gone. I remember playing darts. I had a lot of fun and hope that I'll have a chance to meet my highschool freinds again.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I'm glad you had the opportunity to take part in your "Coming of Age Ceremony." Sounds like climbed to quite a high rung of the "hashigo sake" ladder. Apparently, a lot more drink than food was involved. You must have been part of a close group of high school mates.

    返信削除